Monday, October 17, 2005

3 months until quizzing 2006!!!!

(Unofficial) Countdown to quizzing 2006:
3 months.

I officially miss quizzing. It's not like I ever did not miss it, I always miss it during the offseason. Now I really miss it a lot. It's been 7 months, 2 days since the last quiz match. I miss the adrenaline rush I feel when I begin a quiz match (or is that just the Mountain Dew?). I miss the feel of my sweaty hands tightening the grip around the buzzer. I miss the flow of mass amounts of information in my head within thirty seconds. I miss having a good challenge of my biblical knowledge with those who are as smart as me. I miss being around fellow quizzers, especially Spring City.

I miss those of Spring City, or at least what's left of Spring City quiz team. They're all over the place. We are getting a serious roster change. Brandon is at Penn State and Aubrey is at Liberty. Bah, using college as a reason not to quiz, pathetic. Christine chose to retire from quizzing last year. I asked Josh if he was returning during the Secret Sponser thing in April and he replied no. I heard Julie is not quizzing next year either. So you only have 2 original quizzers from Spring City. (Or maybe I should say 1 1/2 since Mike is the only quizzer from Spring City and I'm not and only have quizzed with them for one year. Well, only 2 quizzers left from 2005 Spring City.) Even though we lost, we have a valuable pick-up for next year. Tim and Becky Moss have chosen to quiz for Spring City. That is soooo awesome. Tim was on the Top 50 Quizzers List, just like Brandon, so you could see almost see Tim as an equal replacement. Becky is good because she is a second-year quizzer with some first year experience. She'd be the one to help contribute to team bonus. Becky, Tim, Mike, and I would be a tough starting lineup to beat. They are a good accquirement. Hehe, everytime I think of this, I get a funny picture in my head. I picture this like the a sports draft (like the football draft). Fred, the commissioner, stands up in front of a microphone and says into it, "Spring City chooses...TIM & BECKY MOSS!" This is followed by cheers and applause. Tim and Becky walk up on stage a get like a jersey or something like that with coach Dave with their name on it. LOL. That would be so great. On top of that, I've been talking to Tyler Willman and he says he wants to quiz for Spring City. That would a fifth quizzer. I'm not sure if Spring City Fellowship as anyone new of age or the Deitricks have anyone in mind.

While excited about the upcoming quiz year, I am also getting nervous. I am only on verse 5 of a 55-verse chapter of Luke. I am falling behind. Stupid school isn't helping my cause. I need to finish that chapter by the end of year 2005. I’ve started buzzing drills and memorizing passages. I haven’t began listening to the text on CD, and won’t begin that until December. Hey, this is what the off-season is all about, studying up and preparing for the next year. I think all quizzers should do this. Quizzers not studying during the off-season would be like Terrell Owens not going to training camp. It's so wrong. Tim, I still like that idea of having a practice before January.

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...