Monday, October 31, 2005

Blood drive on Halloween??!!

Today, October 31, our school had a blood drive. Ah the irony, on Halloween, a holiday of vampires and gore, the school's service committee decided to have a blood drive. lol. I thought it would have been funny if they blood takers would have dressed up in vampire costumes and said, "We have come to take your blood" in a thick Transylvania accent. lol. I didn't volunteer to give blood for two reasons. First, I may have reached the proper age of 17, but I weight 110 pounds, the lowest you can weigh to give blood. Didn't want to risk it. Second, nasty fear of needles. I had gotten rid of it after all those allergy shots, but then I met Deanna, and it all came back...

And now for something completely different....

One of the many bonuses of being in school senate is I got nominated to be part of the National Young Leaders Conference (NYLC for shot). The NYLC is a confrence when high schoolers get to go to Washington, D.C. for a week to observe Congress in action, get speakers from Congress, and participate in a Model Congress, a model Presidential Cabinet and a model Supreme Court case. Well, my nomination was sent in and accepted. I will be participating in the NYLC. As of tomorrow, November 1st, I will be leaving for Washington, D.C. and I will return Sunday, November 6. I'm sort of ready. I'm ready in the sense that I am packed. I am not ready in the sense that I do not know what are my Senators and Representatives' views, I'm not well informed on the issues and I'm clueless on what Congress is doing. On top of that, my teachers threw on a ton of homework. Seriously, my locker is empty cuz I took everything. So, in short, I will be kept busy. So I'm gonna be away from the computer in a while. Feel free to leave comments (like that's gonna happen) while I'm away, but I just won't reply instantly. Talk to ya l8r, like November 6.

(Unofficial) Countdown to quizzing 2006:
2 months, 2 weeks, 5 days

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...