Monday, February 19, 2007

FUN FUN FUN at Hopewell Elverson

Well, I'm not going into great detailed with this. It was a fun match. We had fun. That's all that matters. To me, it was like a confrence-wide practice for the invitational. So I really didn't keep too much track on what went on. But I do know a little.

I arrived in the middle of a wedding reception. It felt awkward because I really wasn't dressed for a wedding. I don't know what I was dressed for. I had decided to dress like one of the jokers on a pack of playing cards: half black half white. So I a black shoe on my left and and a white one on the other. The socks complimented it. The black shoe had a white sock, and the white shoe had a black sock. The black pants complemented the white shirt ("I Survived Quiz Invitational 2004"). The crown I spray painted different prongs black and white. It was cool, but not wedding material.

I ate part in the wedding fellowship meal, but no cake. Then we went into practice. I got to scorekeep a few matches, giving funny team names and funny quizzer names. I seemed to do pretty good, but I was still nervous. Everyone was performing to usual performance. After a while we got free time.

Free time was wild. Mike and Tim got the cart back out. We found out that the snow on Spring City's lot was a nice sheet of ice. The cart went on the ice to see how much we can make it spin. It really didn't have no better action on ice. So then we moved on trying other things. I found two trash cans. We tried to get Bryan in it, but he held up a good fight so that didn't go. Michael found one of those spindals for electric wire. He tried to ride it by running on it the opposite way. Halfway down he fell off. The funny part was trying to get it back up. Every time Michael would try to push it up, and about two-thirds the way up, Michael would lose grip or steeping, or the weight downward became too much, and the spindal would start rolling back. Tim tried to do it, but he failed to. I tried to help Tim, but I almost killed him in process. Finally, with Christine's help, we got it back up. We finished up with body sledding. Fun. We had dinner and left.

At Hopewell Elverson we went around and looked at the room setup. The Jr. High Room was as crammed as ever with 4 team desks and a staff desk. The bar was part of the two tables. Since we had two matches in there, we decided to pray in the room. We then went to worship. After worship, Fred and Merv explained the rules, which I'll explain later. In the rules, Fred recognized Spring City as the leaders in errors. Then the matches began, with us stepping up to the sanctuary.

Before I go any further, let me explain the rules so everything will be understandable. 4 teams were up at a time. There were 18 questions. A quizzer quizzed out with 2 right answers, and errored out with only 2 errors. The third error, instead of the fifth, started losing 5 points. A team bonus was only 10 extra points, but all you needed was 3 quizzers for team bonus. If there was a tie, there would be three overtime questions, but only between those teams. Bonuses were given, but only once, and that was based on what I called "casting the lot."

In our first match, it was Spring City vs. Hope Community 1 vs. Zion 2 vs. Weaverland 1. I got an error, but I was able to quiz out. We still lost. Errors caused us to finish with 5 points. We had a break match, so I watched Reading and Zion 1 take on 2 other teams. There were a lot of contestable things. then in that same room we had a match. Spring City vs. Petra 2 vs. Good Shepherd 1 vs. Petra 1. The buzzing was so crazy fast. We didn't have the time to get in! Quizzers were buzzing in on "Who was", "Against who", "In what book" and "How many". Jesus seemed to work as the answer, as long as it wasn't us. We didn't have the chance to error, but still did. We finished with 10 points, 5 more than before. Not the best. I had to wait 2 rounds for my last match the last round, so I watched the Slate Hill 1 matches I been meaning to watch since the beginning of the year. Slate Hill did pretty good. The last match we only have 3 teams at once since Weaverland 2 had to leave early. We didn't win that one either, but at least we scored 25 points, the most all night. And Tim quizzed out for the first time that night. Mike and I both errored out.

So despite quizzing out and team bonus being easier to achieve, we didn't get team bonus and quizzed out rarely. The easier error out we have no problem. But it was a fun match, and it was fun, and we did have fun. But next week is serious again, and we will get serious again. Do not take us lightly Slate Hill 1 and Goods 1, because that will be a mistake. We will come back stronger.

Quizzing Question of the Post:
List the 15...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, sounds like fun. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Parthians, Medes, and Elamites, Residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Capadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene (heeeeeeeeeep) visitors from Rome, both Jews and converts to Judiasm, Cretans and Arabs- yeah. them. Right???? :-)

Anonymous said...

eheh...


mr Good. you should spend more time shrinking in terior and less time copying from your quiz book.


HI GRAHAM! oh and you can have the name the 15. and name the 11 too. i dont want them. k?

Anonymous said...

I have been working very hard to >MEMORIZE< that list, I quoted from memory.

Anonymous said...

oh, i got the 11 down now.


:D


definitelly hoping this snow doesnt screw things up

Anonymous said...

that was me

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...