Thursday, February 01, 2007

2 weeks running

This week we got the standings on Wednesday, not as late as Friday. I knew where I was, so the first thing I wanted to see was where my team was. Our average dropped by 14 points, but did we drop in placing, too? What about Paradise 4, the only team ahead of us? I saw the standings, and was pleased. Our 131 average was enough to keep us in first place in League A. It was close though. Petra 1's average is 128, 3 away from ours not much room for error...or should I say not too much room for errors. Not only no. 1 in League A, but my team has the highest average of all quiz teams in the ACC! Paradise 4 dropped to 114 point average. Now the first place team in League B is Rockville, with their average at 125. We are above that. This is the highest I have ever been with a team because that's as high in the standings you can go. The next part I wanted to check out was the individual standings. I got a perfect score, so of course I was in first place, but how many quizzers was I tied with. I knew of one: Tim. On top of Tim and me, there were 18 others. So there are 20 pefect quizzers, I am one of them. Mike, who was only one question away from being perfect is in 24th place, tied with 13 others. Not too bad. They messed up Christine's score. She should have 40 points, not 3o points. They gave the 10 points to Chelsea. But besides all that, it's very good. For 2 weeks running I am a perfect quizzer and for 2 weeks running, our team is in our first place.

This upcoming Sunday I am at Conestoga for quizzing. This is the first time this year we will have 3 matches. The setup is interesting. 2 of the matches will be 2 of the top 4 hardest teams will we quiz this season. The other match is 1 of the 4 easiest. I want to really be able to keep up with our average. If not, the best thing we can do is just win. The win will be able keep our average ahead of the tough team, and prevent them from maintaining their average. I really want to quiz out. By being a perfect quizzer 2 weeks running, I have tied my record. Quizzing out all 3 matches will make me perfect for one more week, breaking my record. I want to do it so bad. I need to keep studying.

Studying and going to quiz practice. We had our normal 4 matches. I quizzed out 3 matches (yay!) and errored out 1 (boo!). Tim quizzed out the 1, but errored out 3. I shouldn't worry, Tim always comes through in the end. Michael as on fire and kept quizzing out first. Christine also got some quizouts. We did good, but there was room for improvement. So we decided to have an extra quiz practice on Saturday night. With what I saw tonight, I think we can do it with some extra practice. We just need a little more work and need to beat the other team in with the questions.

Quizzing Question of the Post:
What 4 will the disciples be betrated by?

Quizzing Joke:
Q: What will happen if you wore a rabbit skin hat in the end of the age?
A: It would come back to life because not a hair/hare on your head will perish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

parents, brothers, friends, and relatives. Oh yeah! Ten poitns!

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...