Saturday, April 09, 2005

At LBC.......again

Friday I school off (last time for another 7 weeks). So I had a college visit. I know it's kinda early, but why not? I visited Lancaster Bible College AKA LBC. I had already been there for 4 days before about 3 weeks ago, so it hardly felt like I left . We listened to the college president talk, then attended chapel. Then I went to a bible class. It was great! I actually went to bible class that everyone wanted to be there and participated (unlike some mennonite high school I know....)! Then we went on a tour of the campus, followed by lunch. Then they did Q&A, which they avoided most of the negative answers. That concluded everything.

Just of the fun it, we got a student handbook. It was set up like Dock sets up theirs....except....more strict. There was a bunch of stupid rules! You can't have TVs in your dorm room. You can't watch DVDs on DVD players or your computer You can't go to the movie theatre during fall-spring classes. You have to dress up for chapel and classes. You have to go to every chapel, plus go to a local church on Sunday. You can only watch approved videos on campus. No shaggy hair. If you leave campus, you must get permission. The worst: unless you live with you parents, you cannot live off campus! I thought Dock was bad too! The classes and cirruculm is good, but the rules and tight. It's like getting a second pair of parents....except their extremely conversatist!

I'm glad that they will allow to go to other churches. Now I can still quiz when at college! So if any quiz team is near LBC, please tell and convince me to come. Or there is another choice. I could be able to start a quiz team at LBC. But I would also have to get quizzers below the age 20. Most unlikely. Yet I still have a few colleges to look at.

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...