Saturday, February 25, 2006

Whatever on quizzing

Quizzing practice on Wednesday was Bekahless. She used the excuse she had too much homework. Bah! I haven't used an excuse to skip out on quizzing since my first year. Since then, I haven't skipped practice, whether homework, sickness, or bad weather. Practice went faster than usual. We went through our 3 normal matches quicker than usual.(Hmmm, no Bekah....quick practice. Coincidence?) So then we went into 2 review matches. The practice showed who how much one read before practice. Those who read lots did well. Those who read it only once did poorly. Everyone did suprisingly well in review, especially Jai.

Well, I hardly tell you guys about standings, you here ya go. People are usually impatient with waiting for the standings to be posted, people like me. They were finally posted on Thursday. I checked them in the morning at school (yeah, like anyone at Dock follows CD's "Accecptable Use of Technology" statement) and I was suprised. I couldn't stop think and telling people "7th place!" That worked in two ways, both my individual score and my team score. Despite our average dropping from 95 points to 89 points, our placing only dropped from 5th to 7th. Not bad. The better 7th place was my individual score. Up to today, I have accumulated a total of 405 points. (this time last year, I only had 295 points. What an improvement!) These 405 points landed me in 7th place out some 300 quizzers. This is the highest I have ever been.

This Sunday we meet at Weaverland at 6:30 PM. I'll say it again, if you can come, COME! Fans are awesome, and we love you. Tomorrow we've got Bruce (he's like a regular now), my parents, and a couple from my church. That's a start, but we could really use you there too. There is 3 matches. We begin on the first round. We quiz against Neffsville 1 (27th). I saw a few of their matches last week. I'm not sure it this is an always, but I only saw three quizzers. One of them always quizzed out. I want to sit across from him. I, of course, aim to quiz out. Since they are in the 20s, I am hoping we score in the triple digits. We'll need it with the team we are playing next. Our next match is the middle round. It is against Petra 3 (3rd). We go from quizzing against a below-average team to an above-average team. Quite a jump. This is going to be the second hardest match. I know I said that about Blainsport, but since they dropped to 18th place, I revoaked that (they are now the 3rd hardest match we've quizzed against). I want to quiz out, but I'll take whatever I get. The last match is during the last round. We volley back from an above-average team to a below-average team again. The match is Spring City vs. Conestoga 3 (23rd). Once again, 100+ points may be needed to maintain or raise average.

This could be a really big day for me tomorrow. It all depends if I quiz out, and if I do, how many times I quiz out. To this date, I have 11 quiz outs. If I get:

1 Quiz Out (12 quiz outs total): Tie personal all-time quiz out record
2 Quiz Outs (13 quiz outs total): Break personal all-time quiz out record
3 Quiz Outs (14 quiz outs total): Tie personal all-time high score (510 points) and CLINCH a place on the Top 50 Quizzers List.

Yup, there is some excitement coming Sunday. I also figured out for Mike (he can thank me later) that for him to finish on the Top 50 Quizzers List, he must quiz out 4 of his last 5 matches (he won't be here week 8). So I hope to see him quiz out 2 of the matches tomorrow, if not all 3. Christine last week for her first time (in at least 6 years of quizzing) got 100 points. That reminds me of another quizzer. I won't be with Reading, but I would hope that Morgen can get in triple digits score for her first time. And Tim just got on the Top 50 List barely. Let's see if he can stay there.

I got a whole handful of quizzing jokes for ya.

Joke 1:
Q: Who would make bad busboys?
A: Pharisees, because they only clean the outside of the dishes (Luke 11:39)

Joke 2:
The Jewish mafia in those days had a hard time. After killing the prophets that disagree with them, they had no way of properly disposing the boides. So they just just threw them anywhere. It was gross, and making the people unclean. So the experts in the law decide to go into the tomb-making business. Their advertisement slogan: "You kill the prophets, we build their tombs." (Luke 11:48)

Joke 3:
Q: Where is there a Catholic in the gospel of Luke?
A: The woman in the crowd that yelled, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you!" (Luke 11:27)

Joke 4: Another time of quizzing in the Gospel of Luke (Luke 10:25-28)
(25.)On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" (26.) "Another time for a quizmatch," Jesus said. "Question. How do intrepret the law to say how to inherit eternal life?" Simon the Zealot buzzed in. (27.) "Love the Lord your God with...all your heart....all your strength.....all your soul......and all your mind.......and...um....oh...." Simon's time ran out. "Sorry," Jesus replied. "I need more. That's a bonus for Simon. Bonus question. How do intrepret the law to say how to inherit eternal life?" The Expert in the law said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your strength, all your and and all your mind.....and......love your neighbor as yourself." (28.) "You have answered correctly. Two more, and you will quiz out. Simon, watch out. One more, and you will error out."

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...