Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Quizzing Year's Resolution

The year 2005 has come and gone. Now 2006 is upon us. If you don't remember about last year, and past holidays too, I'm not a real big fan of New Year's Eve and Day. I do stay up until midnight, but that is about it. The real excitement for me will come January 16, New Quizzing Year's Eve. I will be so syked for quizzing to begin! Usually when a New Year comes around, people make "resolutions" that will improve the person. Don't worry, I'm not going to rant about it. I actually think it's a good idea. Since I concentrate on quizzing new year more than January 1 New Year, I do something differently. Instead of making a New Year's Resolution, I make a New Quizzing Year Goal (I prefer the term Goal over Resolution). Here is my goal:
  • Be on the Top 50 Quizzers List every week (especially on the final list)
  • Be a perfect quizzer for at least the first three week
  • Achieve at least 13 quizouts (or ever more)


Be on the Top 50 Quizzers List every week (especially on the final list)
This goal I have been trying since my second year of quizzing, since I've been making goals for quizzing. I wanted to do something like this my second year. I wanted to finish on the Top 50 Quizzers List. But I failed greatly (I finished 195th). I was extremely disappointed, but by then end of the year I came to reality that I wasn't a Moss and couldn't do that well my second year. So the third year I didn't try, and I was on the Top 50 Quizzers List for the first 5 weeks. So with my fourth year in quizzing, I just wanted to attempt to keep that 5 weeks, or do better with 6 weeks. I did for 7 inconsecutive weeks. If I didn't have the stupid double material week because of the stupid snow, I would have completed this goal. But at the end of the third week, I ended up 55th. I just missed it. Both times, I got on the Top 50 Quizzers List without trying. I don't mean to brag, but from this I thing everyone can learn that if you trying even the slighest to complete a goal, you are already trying to hard. Don't try and you'll achieve it almost right away.


This goal I want to complete the most. I just missed it last year, by one bad week. The way I see it, this goal will be a slight step up from last year since it only requires one more week from last year. It doesn't matter where I end up on the List, anywhere is good. Once I do this, I will finally be satisfied and not be so concentrated on this goal. I'm hoping this is the year will be the year. I just pray that this year will be no snow weeks to throw me off.

Be a perfect quizzer for the first three weeks
Ah, another goal I wasn't trying to achieve but did. In 2004 (my third year), I had two matches every week for my first two weeks. I quizzed out my first four matches. That every match my first two weeks. With that, after two weeks, I finished a perfect quizzer. Unfortuneatly, at my next quiz match, I could not quiz out, ending that. Ever since, I have been trying to beat that. Last year it ended on my FIRST MATCH of the FIRST WEEK of quizzing when I couldn't quiz out, but got 20 points. This year, I'll take another try at it. I am hoping the the first three weeks of matches will be my easier matches just so it is easier to complete this goal. If I can do this, this will also be three weeks on the Top 50 Quizzers List, and this alone may ride me a few more weeks on it as well.

Achieve at least 13 quizouts (or even more)
In 2004, my third years of quizzing, I was amazed at my 7 quizouts. When I saw this, I vowed to get more quizouts the next year. The next year, I got 12 quizouts, 5 more than the last year. Once again, I want to quiz more. Not five more, that would be 17 quizouts, something I don't think I can achieve now. I am just aiming for at least one more, 13 quiz outs this year. Achieving my last goal of a perfect quizzer for three weeks would help me greatly in this. If 2 of the 3 weeks have two matches and the other one of the 3 has three matches, and I become a perfect quizzer, I will then have 7 quizouts, and be halfway towards my goal.

Now that I have told everyone, I expect everyone to check up on me. Don't worry, I will make sure you are all aware of my progress. I will try my best as usual. I'm going to follow the quizzing's famous two-thirds rule. In quizzing, if you give two-thirds of an answer in thirty seconds (unless specified to give a full answer), then it is considered correct. If I complete two of the three goals above, then this quiz year would have been a success. For team goals, I really don't like making goals. While I have a partial control in our team's fate, I do not have total control of it. If something were to go wrong, I could be blamed, just as much as anyone else, for our downfall. That is why I try not to have huge expectations for our team. But I do hope. Since our team only has 5 members, 2 of which are beginners, it isn't looking too good for a high finish in the regular season. But if we can teach them stratergy for getting team bonus, then we will be set for the tournaments! I hope that we can get a second consecutive ACC Tournament win. For the first one we were underdogs and won by God's grace (literally). I pray that God will give us his favor to do that again. It would be awesome. And maybe, just maybe, if God is willing to stretch his favor, maybe we could win the Invitational in Ohio! I pray for God's blessing on my individual and team performance.

I wanted to write this tomorrow on New Year's Day, but I couldn't becuz all day I will be gone at the Eagles game. I am on the Eagles sideline at the 25 yard line, 35 rows back. Maybe you'll see me there

OFFICIAL Countdown to the first quizmatch of 2006:
22 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...