Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sorry about no new post for the longest. I got a lot of homework, papers and projects I had to do the first half of the week. Then, when it finally cleared up, my dad got the time to install DSL into my computer. Great, right? Wrong! First the DSL card wouldn't work, so that had to be fixed. Then my email wouldn't send, so some settings had to be changed around, then when I tried to get on my Xanga the nex ISP blocked my Xanga because it had "adult content" (has anyone ever seen adult content on this site??!!). So to sum it all up: my computer's actin' really brokeback on me. So right now, I'm on my sister's computer (which is still on dial-up with the old ISP). I really don't want to spend the whole night in her room, so I'll abbrieviate what's up in quizzing as best I can.

Last Sunday I had two matches. Those two matches were the second to worse match I had all year. In each match I scored only 20 points with 2 errors. And later on, my coaches told me that the quizmasters and judges were being very generous with their rulings on my answers because my answers were "dancing around" what they were looking for and nowhere near direct text. Team didn't do much better. We lost both matches, to Hope Community 3 90-65, and to Rockville 1 70-65. Our average dropped to 86, but we miraculously stayed in 7th place. The individual standings were not the best, either. The only one who really did well was Michael. Mike quizzed out both matches. This week they didn't post the individual standings (not exactly sure why, but I believe it has something to do with keeping the final list a suprise) but I have a feeling that I dropped a bit. Mike most likely stayed the same, but there's a small chance they he might have gone up since some Top 50 Quizzers were absent last Sunday.

There's only one thing I can conclude to: Hopewell Elverson is cursed for Ark quizzers of past or future. That's on a semi-serious note. Even though of the advantage of the close location, every time Ark quizzed at Hopewell Elverson, we could never get our act together. We lost most of our matches there. I heard that Tim Moss errored out in one of his matches, keeping up with tradition that a Moss has errored out there every time (It's gonna be Becky next year!). On a more serious note, I like to say I really don't believe in quizzing superstition. It's funny, of course, but I take it to heart. Therefore, I conclude that my bad performance had nothing to do with Penelope the Duct Tape Trojan Elephant, it had nothing to do with staring at the picture that Jai gave me of the cowboy (who Jai assured me was hot) or the picture Morgen gave me of those 2 adorable children (and they were really adorable), it had nothing to do Brandon watching me (as well as the other fans we had there), none of that had a role. Then what did cause my downfall? I personally like two believe two things lead to my success: practing well and studying hard and constantly or the blessing, generousity and favor of our Lord. Most of the time I like to believe both of them at the same time. So we can conclude that why I did the way I did was either the Lord did not see it fit for his plan to have me quiz out twice, or I did not take enough time to get to know the material. Whatever the reason, I have learned to be content with what I got.

Tomorrow is the last match of the regular season . Spring City has one last match. It is against Reading 1, which consists of 4 rookies + 1 legend. They are in 16th with 1200 points. While I have never seen one of their matches, I have heard they have scored triple digits against below average teams. This a team not to be taken lightly. We must perform to our fullest against them. To make things interesting, we will not have Mike or Jai this week. So it's clear what we have to do: have 3 quizouts. Easy, right? Wrong again! It's a little more complicated because one of those quizouts is from a rookiewho has a total of 10 points from today. She's gonna need A LOT of motivation, so please come and cheer for her! This last season match is against Reading 1, who Christine knows better as "Jake's team." Every year Jake tries to retire, but he always is dragged back in. I want to sit across from him this next match. This may be the last time I can. I aim to quiz out before he does. If not, I'll settle for Tyler Willman. This is also the day we will see what team is the 2006 ACC Quizzing Season Champion.

Quizzing Question of the Post:
Why did the Father and the older son have to be glad and celebrate?

Quizzing Joke:
Q: Who is the hottest person in the book of Luke?
A: Herod, because Jesus calls him a "fox" (Luke 13:32)

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...