Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Back from my venture

Well, I'm back from everything I said.

Spamalot was the bomb! It was incredibly hilariously. In some places it was funnier than the original movie. The first act was better than the second act. The second part was just like King Arthur said, "Imagine, in a thousand years, this will all be....still controversal." It's true. Sir Lancelot was gay, and at one time was called a fairy. In the end, he marries Prince Herbert. Sir Robin tells Arthur he couldn't survive to broadway because he has no Jews. In the end, we learn Patsy is a Jew, but that's something he didn't want to tell a heavily armed Christian. It was still funny. They did a good way of creating things to distract the audience they could do special effects like cutting off body parts. I see why it won the Tony for best oscar.

Social Issues trip sucked. I paid between 1 and 2 thousand dollars to go to the NYLC and it was worth every penny. A year at Dock costs around $10,500 and the Social Issues trip was uninformative and boring. I got less out of this. I realized some of my teachers lack understanding of directions and can be confused just as much as students. I would have liked to serve more and heard less from that guy. Heartburn killed me over the trip. And on top of that, I was there with classmates who I didn't want there. At least I have done all my homework and my papers for the trip. All I need to finish is the journal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry you felt that way, graham. i really enjoyed our social issues trip. but i can't say more without getting rather upset, so i'm done.

Anonymous said...

maybe your trip wouldn't have "sucked" if you didn't want it to.

Anonymous said...

whoa... what did i say about being "anonymous"?

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...