Friday, May 06, 2005

The haunting of Spring City quiz team

Today was depressing, but the bus ride made it all better (isn't it funny how certain people can make your day better?!). Ahh, school is generally depressing. But maybe I'm just depressed. But is it just a coincidence I'm depressed the most between April-December?! Nope. Some people get homesick. I am quizzingsick. I miss quizzing. No matter how depressing my day is, quizzing brightens it up. My happy place is a quiz match. That may confuse some quizzers. They see how stress and over anxious I get. But sometimes I like that feel. I can feel the adrenaline rush run through my body by sitting up there and holding a buzzer. And when a "fun match" comes along (like in practice), I really enjoy the fun of quizzing. In short, I really miss quizzing, both the actual quizzing and the quizzers. I miss all quizzers, but the ones I miss the most are my teammates. Sometimes, I can still hear their voices crying out....

Aubrey
"Silly McFly, hoverboards don't work on water...."

Brandon
"....you've got no power!"
"Want some paaannncakes?!"

Josh
"Skinny bones Jones...Skinny bones Jones...leave them hem-hocks alone....."

Michael
"I'll drink to that!"
"I concure!"
"Indubably!"
"Go on up you baldhead! Go on up you baldhead!"
"29 kids go into the water... 22 come out.... the ice cream man goes on break... you know the rest..."

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...