Sunday, May 22, 2005

I've been keeping myself busy

I've been keeping myself busy, dating back to Thursday....

Thursday was my big senate speech. When I even started to get up, I was already getting cheers. I warned everyone at the beginning of my speech: "Be prepared for a speech like none you ever heard." Then I began. I'll have to post the speech one day. I got laughs and cheers throughout the whole speech, especially after quoting Napolean Dynamite twice. During the speech, I looked down at the other candidates. Nate Weaver and Andrew Derstine's jaw was dropped. That scene was worth running alone. At the end, I got the loudest applause and cheer than any other canidate. According to Aaron, I got a standing ovation. Afterward, it seemed like amost everyone told me they voted for me (from all cliques). Not to get over confident, but judging by the amount of people who told me they voted for me and the loud cheering at the election, I declare myself the unofficially winner.

Friday night was the ApologetiX concert. It is my fourth. It was awesome. You'll never guess who I saw...BECKY MOSS! Of course, I had to bother her about where she was in offseason quizzing. I never expected to see her there. Apparently, no one expected to see me there either. I saw alotta people from my Dock classes, especially Spanish class. I thought it would be good to make public appearances if I were to be senator. I got my sixth CD, Grace Period.

Yesterday, I went to the Country Auction, but I didn't do much but eat, watch auctioning and walk around aimlessly. The real "excitement" came at night. My family was invited (by Hollywood) to a television preview (you may now ooh and aww). We saw 2 TV shows. The first was called "Soulmates". It was a cheesy romantic drama. It had to do with being reincarnated and still having the same soul mate. Horrible storyline. If this ever does it make it to TV, don't watch it! Next was a sitcom called "City." It was an old show they were trying to bring back. It had potential, but I didn't like it. I didn't win the drawing for the rent-a-car, either.

Today, after church, will be the quizzing reunion, before Brandon and Aubrey head off to college. I haven't seen any of them since abount a month from today. We're going to Old Country Buffet. For that reason, I have not eaten since dinner last night. Between all of us, we'll eat so much we'll put Old Country Buffet out of business. I'll tell more later

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...