Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Quizzing carols???

Countdown to the first quizmatch of 2006:
12 days

Ah yes there is only 12 days left until quizzing...12 days...I feel a song coming on. As some of you may know, I have parodied many famous songs to lyrics that have to involve quizzing. During December, the Christmas season got to the heads of the radio station. So some Christmas stations played nonstop Christmas music. My sister loved this and played it every chance she got. Since there was less than one month until quizzing began, I started studying heavily, and listening to my Audio CD of the quizzing material. Sometimes you'd have these two sounds mix. This mix of quizzing and Christmas carols got to my head and lo and behold, the birth of quizzing carols. So I have posted two on here. One is written by Jen Horning, an old Q-File (I miss those). The other is an original written by me. Let's start with my "original" first.

The 12 Weeks of Quizzing [A Parody of "The 12 Days of Christmas"]
(Instead of going verse by verse, adding a line every time, I'll just put down the last verse with every line. You get the idea)

ON THE 12TH WEEK OF QUIZZING, MY QUIZ COACH GAVE TO ME...

12 questions before review
11 hour bus ride
10 cheering fans
9 tournament matches
8 buzzers buzzing
7 quizzer quiz team
6 practice matches
5 errors, lose points!
4 question team bonus
3 question quiz outs
2 backup subs
and the quizzer sitting out isn't me!!

The second song dates back from 2003 (ironically, the last time we quizzed on a gospel). It may be old, but it is still good. Every year, before quizzing begins, I sing it. Instead of re-writing the whole song, I'll provide a link:

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Quizzing Version)
[You can guess what this is a parody of]

Quiz practice is tomorrow night @ 7! I extended my memorization to the second half of Luke 1. I can't wait for a second chance (and myabe a less sloppy performance).

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...