Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Countdown to 2007 quizzing

(Official) Countdown to the first quizmatch of 2007:
3 weeks, 3 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes

(Unofficial) Countdown to the first practice of 2007:
1 week


Hope you enjoyed this past Christmas season. And being commericial Christmas, once December 26 rolls around, Christmas is dead. Not the Christmas of Jesus. Jesus is still living, and I hope you can in a way celebrate Christmas every day.

Now while most people are ready for celebrating the beginning of the new year , I'm ready to celebrate the beginning of a new quizzing year. I feel it's going to be great. Not only in the competition, but also with friends. I got my three good friends, plus the best quiz coaches a quizzer could ever have. We have a rookie, making us a team of five (so far). She'll most likely be the sub, but by the time Mike is going to Florida, she should be ready to start. Christine's birthday during the quiz season means she can quiz for us again, although turning 21 in mid-January. She'll be able to complete the team bonus well. I think at the bare minimum, we'll have is two quiz outs. Spring City will be the rockingest this year.

If you don't know, the quizzing material is Luke 16-24, Acts 1-9. Sadly, I was only able to write questions for just Luke 16. Well, it's better than nothing. I started trying to memorize Acts 2. I got through the first 6 verses, but hit dead there. I'm going to continue working on that. I need to do more buzzer drills, too. On the brighter side, I've been working at the material for the first week, which is Luke 16-18:30. I can list the 6 and list the 4. Plus, I know a lot of answers for Luke 16. I also have read the material a few times and listen to it a few others. I feel confident with Luke 16. Now to move on to chapter 17 and the first 30 verses of chapter 18. Nevertheless, I'll be ready by January 21 to quiz out every match.

Practice will begin next week, the first week of the year. It's either Wednesday or Thursday. It'll be based on what's best for the majority of the team needs. Either day is fine, I'll make I can make it to either one. The sad news is I can't make it to the practice the following week since I'll be in Missouri for my senior experience. Very upsetting. Still, I will be practicing hard, harder since I am missing a team practice, what I need most. I will rock with the team score and with the individual score.

Quizzing question of the post:
What 6 were the people doing in the days of Lot?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

eating and drinking, buying and selling, marrying and being given in marriage, right? (I didn't cheat and look at the material)

Anonymous said...

Graham, I know it's been a while, but thank you for your post (about Israel, the great God-wrestler). I have been doing some "struggling" with God recently (...I think he's winning) and your encouragement was awesome. May he bless you greatly and continue to grow you in grace and mercy.

Anonymous said...

you are quite right about my question...
i wasn't quite sure how to word it...
but i AM rusty from not writing questions about my bible studies for several months ;-)
hopefully they'll get better...
thanks!
~*~goodshep3gurl~*~

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...