Saturday, January 06, 2007

There for the first practice, not there for the second practice

First practice was Thursday at the Deitrick's house. Got to fill out the secret sponser forms and meet the new quizzers. Everyone was there, even Spring City quizzers of the past: Bethany and Brandon. I don't know how to describe it. Weird things happened (well, weirder than normal). Michael was always the first one to quiz out. Talk about miracles! He usually errors out in practice. Don't get me wrong, I did quiz out every time. I know the material well. I just don't jump in fast enough. My buzzer drills have shown it: my buzzer speed needs to be faster. So how do I feel this? Every year I say, this is going to be MY year. Well, for this year...it's going to be OUR year. I can't gurantee anything, but I can easily see us getting team bonus, if we don't, 3 quiz outs wouldn't sound weird either. This team is going to do great. We need to get someone in the swing of being the fourth one for team bounus. I have high anticipations for this team.

I enjoyed being at practice. I got to see my friends that I haven't seen in a long time. We were crazy and had fun. It upset me that I won't be able to attend our next practice. The next practice is during my senior experience. Senior experience is when the seniors get off a week to pursue 30 hours of service or job shadowing over a span of four to five days. I will not be in the area at all between Sunday and Friday. I will be in Warrenton, Missouri. For my senior experience, I am working for Child Evangelism Fellowship, the same ministry I work for in the summer. This time, though, I will be working with the international scale. In Warrenton is the International Headquarters of CEF. I will be an intern, taking part in both job shadowing and service. I will be doing everything from the Mailbox Club to building and perhaps painting. I have been told pack to dress sloppily and semi-professional. It will be interesting. The temperature change I'm not sure I'm ready for. Today, it got up to 75 (I wore shorts)!, but Missouri has been in the high 40s the past few days, and the highest it will get will be 57 on Friday. I'm also not sure about traveling. It's not the fear of flying. I haven't really taken public transportation alone before, and the instructions for meeting someone to get me from St. Louis to Warrenton is unclear. Well, it doesn't matter because anything I allow the Lord to do through me will always have a positive outcome. I fly home Friday evening, so I'll see everyone Saturday...unless you're from Dock....because I'm skipping Senior Retreat, Senior losers!!!

Countdown to the first quizmatch of 2007:
2 weeks, 21 hours, 12 minutes

Quizzing question of the post:
What 4 were the people doing in the days of Noah?

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...