Friday, January 26, 2007

Finally standings!

I waited to post again because I wanted to wait for the standings. I had know idea I would be waiting so long. I was so excited when I finally got it Friday afternoon, I started making these squealing noises in the library! It was great to finally get ahold of them. I was reassured of some things I figured, but at the same time I was suprised. As I believed, we did finish in first place in League A with our 145 average. We didn't, however, finish number 1 of all teams in ACC Quizzing. Paradise 4 in League B got a 155 point average. According to Tim, they scored 170 in one match. That'll do it. But still, 1st place in the league, 2nd place in the whole ACC, that's the highest I have been with a team. 3rd in the ACC is Weaverland 2 in League B. The 4th team in the ACC is the 2nd place in League A, Petra 1, with an average of 135. Yes, Spring City is only ahead by 10 points in the average. Not the lead size I wanted, but it'll do. My placing in the individual stats where was I though it was, perfectly in 1st place. Haven't been there since 2004. Tim and Mike also joined me in there. Why Mike's name is ahead of mine, I'll never know. It goes by alphabetical order by team, than last time. It doesn't make sense. Anyway, it does usually feel proud to be a perfect, but I'm not sure that I am too proud. Maybe it's the fact I've been here before, maybe it the fact I am sharing perfection with fifty other quizzers. It doesn't seem that big. Maybe by next week it will. Christine is in 138th, and Chelsea is in 202.

While I was waiting for the standings, I thought about our wins that we got on Sunday, mainly focusing on the ones that happened against Blainsport. If you knew our history, you'd see why it was so big. For the past 3 years, Spring City had quizzed against Blainsport. This is how's gone down for the past 3 years:

2005: Blainsport 110 vs. Spring City 55
2006: Blainsport 130 vs. Spring City 30
2007: Blainsport 0 vs. Spring City 155
That was a special win. I want to say revenge, but it's not really, because there no feelings. It is just amazing how things can be turned around. Both teams were totally different this present year compared to the past years. And because of this, a 2-year streak was disrupted. For the past 3 matches, the winner has always scored in the triple digits, and therefore allowing the loser no more than 55 points. Every year the the winner's score increases, the loser's score descreases, and that means that socre difference grows as the years past as well. It'll be interesting to see where this match will go next year.
Now we begin looking towards the upcoming Sunday. Spring City, along with half of the ACC, will be at Weaverland Mennonite Church. The other half is at Hopewell Elverson. I would have rather been there, since it is closer, but then again, I haven't done too well while there. Oh well, I'll be there for the fun week. We got another two matches. The first one is the 3rd round against Byerland 2. Then we have the last match of the day when we take on Emmanuel. This is looking good. It seems pretty easy. Petra 1 and Slate Hill 1, the next two highest team in our league have two hard matches, including one of them against each other. I'm hoping we can maintain our average. I'm not sure if 2 teams with triple digits will be able to maintain that, and even if one does, the other one will be far from it. We just have to keep doing that thing we do.
It's a possibility. Practice showed the potential. All 4 of us that got team bonus was able to get one buzz in right every practice match. Even Chelsea was getting in on the action. That's good. I continued my quizouts. That's it. Tim errored out twice. He normally does that in practice, but when real matches come around, he's good. Mike too could go either way. Hopefully we can continue learning and practicing the material. It won't be any good to have an easy schedule if we don't know the answers to the questions. To top it off, it wouldn't hurt to have God's blessing and favor!
Quizzing Question of the Post:
Situation question. Who said this and to whom? "A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then return."
Quizzing Joke:
Back in the days of Jesus, the Jews sentanced death stoning, and the Romans by crufixion.
Q:What other method of execution was used?
A: The words of Jesus, because the people hung on them
(Talk about the power of the Word of God!)

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...