Friday, March 02, 2007

A blessing out of the curse

I hope no one went to LMH last Sunday, because there were no quizzers there. The wintry mix cancelled quizzing. Cancelling quizzing is depressing. We're already limited to so many weeks in quizzing, and now there is less. I think we could have made it, but maybe they got it worse. The worse part about snow...it leads to double weeks. Yes, we got to learn double the material, but we quiz on it separately. It's hard to get down.

There is no schedule up on the quizzing website, but our coaches got one. (Speaking of which, I want to give a shout out to Mrs. Deitrick, who now reads my blog. Now, I got to watch what I say!) We now know we are at Ridgeview, just like the schedule says Spring City will be at for March 5. Double weeks mean afternoon matches and evening matches. The afternoon matches will begin at 3 PM, and the evening matches at the regular 6:30 PM. We still have four matches, too. But it's not the same teams, since Slate Hill and Good Shep 1 are going to Slate Hill. So we got new teams to quiz against in the afternoon. We are still quizzing against Petra 1 and Petra 5 in the evening, but in the afternoon it comes down to Petra 3 and Neffsville 2.

Let's look at this stragetically. We had a tough 4 upcoming matches in two weeks. We were quizzing against 4 of the top 7 teams. When I heard that we were going to be at Ridgeview, I expected the teams to be changed. I was hoping for lower teams (for obvious reasons), but Fred did a good job making sure that the teams quizzing each othere were of like strength. Like I told Tim, the only way it could've got harder is if we quizzed Good Shepherd 1 isntead of Petra 5 or Goods 1. Anything else is an improvement on the strength of the schedule. Since Good Shepherd 1 is at Slate Hill, we can't quiz against them. So our schedule got better. It's now two afternoon quizmatches against Petra 3 and Neffsville 2. So we've gone to four top 7 matches to three top 10 matches. That helps a lot. God has cut us a little mercy in a double week. I plan to go Petra hunting and end the reign of a few perfect quizzers. That will raise my position.

I think we can take it. I can take it. I quizzed out all 4 practice matches. I'm not sure about the team. Tim quizzed out and errored out, but that's Tim. Christine and Bryan performed like normal. Christine do that thing she does, but her performance will all depend on how Christine feels and her mood. As for Bryan's mood, we got to give him a mood that wants to perform well and quiz. Chelsea didn't come to practice, so we just got to make sure she's well caught up on information. Mike screwed up his working schedule, so he wasn't there. I hope he is self practicing and Tim is checking up on him. I don't like double weeks, but I think I can pull through.

Quizzing Question of the Post:
Who are the seven.......

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...