Wednesday, July 19, 2006

25 Things: My blog's Grand RE-opening

Well, working hard in the Pottstown Library, I went into my Xanga website. I took a crash course on some JavaScript programming. One hour later, I found out how to redirect a website. Now if you go to my Xanga, you'll end up here! That's saves me a hassel. So now I should see more comments. :) So, to celebrate, this blog went under a Extreme Makeover: Website Edition. It's almost like it is a new blog. Got that new blog smell. So we'll start with a new blog entry. I've seen this go around the blogs, quite a few people did this. It's called 25 Things I Want to Do Before I Die.

And yes, of course the first half have to do with quizzing. Then the rest are beyound quizzing, just to prove that maybe there is something to me beside quizzing. And without further ado...

25 Things I Want to Do Before I Died
  1. Finish as 1 of the Top 5 quizzers for the upcoming 2007 quizzing season
  2. Be a perfect quizzer in 1 of the last 3 years of my quizzer career.
  3. Quiz for the "all-star quizzers" in the fun match
  4. Win the ACC Season Championship
  5. Win the Invitational (double-elimination bracket, of course)
  6. Become a quiz coach at the age of 21
  7. Coach a team to win the ACC Season Championship
  8. Coach a team to win the ACC Tournament
  9. Coach a team to win the Invitational (both the single and double elimination bracket)
  10. Coach a perfect quizzer
  11. As a coach, quiz for the "All-star coaches" in the fun match
  12. Be a quizmaster, a quizmaster who knows the quizzers
  13. As a quizmaster, quiz for the "All-Star Staff" in the fun match
  14. Graduate from Dock, and never return for anything, and never donate a penny
  15. Get a doctrate in Biblical Studies (masters at a Christian school, doctrate at Ivy league?)
  16. Become a powerful voice in religion/theology/Christianity
  17. Write and publish my very own book
  18. Get a DeLorean
  19. Go watch the X Games
  20. Visit Great Britain, where I will:
    a. Go visit Stonehenge and a Medieval Castle
    b. Walk across Abbey Road
    c. Drive on the opposite side of the road
    d. Go around waving like the Queen
    e. Watch Monty Python in its home country
    f. Find at least 5 other guys by the name of "Graham"
  21. Visit Israel, where I will:
    a. Not get killed by a suicide bomber
    b. Wail at the Western/Wailing Wall
    c. Attempt to get into the Dome of the Rock
    d. See both guessed tombs of Christ's temporary burial, and decide myself which is correct
    e. Stand in Meggido AKA Armagedden Valley
    f. Bathe in the Jordan River and float in the Dead Sea
  22. Meet someone who is always estastic to see me and visit me
  23. Only if it is the Lord's Will, have a girlfriend who will become a wife (ONLY if the Lord allows, and if not, I will be satisfied in Him choosing for me to be single).
  24. If #23 is true, have children. The first son I will name after myself. They will all become little "quizzer extrodinaires."
  25. In my will, plan, fund, and build the building of the "Graham Holcomb Bible Quizzing Museum and Hall of Fame" where I will be buried.

"I think setting a goal, getting a visual image of what it is you want. You've got to see what it is you want to achieve before you can pursue it." -Chuck Norris

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...