Monday, April 02, 2007

Transition Day

It's Trasition Day! Yeah, you know, Transition Day. It's the day when the previous year of quizzing comes to an end and when the new quizzing season begins all smashed in one. It also prevents mixing the two materials together. So the day demands rest. I got 8 hours of sleep today. It may seem short, but when 8 hours is thet same amount of sleep you got in 2 days, you do enjoy it. This is also the day I do not actually do quizzing. It is quizzing free. Unless you want to count the meditation part. Transition Day allows the time to be neo-platonist. We reflect on the past and look forward to the future.

Just some brief thoughts I was thinking. I recalled what this team meant to be together as we were. The Deitricks got the call from the Lord God, the strongest Dave has gotten. That meant that God was going to do something great through them. Mike came back because of baseball. Choosing to repeat his senior year so he could play baseball another year also meant that Mike could yet quiz again. Christine has a birthday on January, during the quiz season, so she was able to quiz despite being 21 for most of the year. Tim was rejected by at least 3 teams and was at the point of giving up on quizzing. He decided to try lastly Spring City and it worked out. Bryan could have quizzed last year, but he refused. He didn't refuse this year. The point is that from last year's Transition Day you could not have guessed this would have been the team it was. Any one of these quizzers could have not been on the team, but they were. That's why we performed the way we did, something else that could have not been predicted.

Thinking about our performance, I am a little disappointed. Not in the sense that we did horrible, because we didn't. We were good. It's almost like wondering if we could have done better, but not in the regretting sense. This was a good team. We got far. Even if we had the same team, could we do it again? Could we get as far as we did this year? It's almost like we're playing an RPG game to me. I want to reset it to the last good saved place and try again, reset if I failed again, and keep reseting until we got it right and moved. How much I want to go back and say "1000 bushels of wheat!" just to keep a perfect score and raise the team's average. And there is also the sense in being "disappointed" because we were good, but not good enough to get in the top 2 teams for any of the championships. It does sometimes make me doubt that we'll ever have a team that can go all the way. If this Spring City couldn't do it, who can? But as my teammate Mike told me on the way home (I can't believe I'm about to quote Mike's words of wisdom!), "You can't have any regrets." So I have none. 99 points/match average, 1st place for 2 weeks, and being 6 matches undefeated in our ACC Tournament group are firsts, firsts I am proud of. I am so proud that we did what we did without stacking or any insane practice methods, like daily practices or assigning everyone to memorize. I am also glad we did so well because we were positive and encouraging, instead of negative and threatening. We were exhorting, not extorting. Not only does it set a standard for performance, but also for attitude.

Looking at the future, it's up in the air again. Christine is definitely too old to quiz. I don't know if I'll ever see her again. Both Mike and I are college bound. We could only quiz if we stay in the reigon. And once again, the Deitricks have to decide if they are willing for another year. These 3 quizzers would be a pivital loss to the team. Major shoes would have to be filled. I got upset at the thought of not possibly being on Spring City. When I left Ark, I was angry at everyone and not seeing them again was fine with me. But I have loved every day with Spring City. I like everyone who has even been on a Spring City team with me. I want to quiz on this team. I feel like I am being torn apart from them against my will. I don't want to leave. I wish that somehow this team will get back together. Da boiz Mike, Tim, and I would be awesome again. Chelsea could definitely have the power to be the new "money in the bank" and get us that team bonus. If we can get back together, expect again 135 point matches. As for any others, Tim has already began recruiting.

Even though the year is over and we've had another Transtition Day, I will not forget the material. That's what putting it to heart is. After many years have past since these past few months, I will be able to recall what I learned from reading this part of God's Word and still be showing it in my life. It is wrong to forget it. If you do, you have quizzed in vain. I will always remember what my Lord Jesus is teaching me. And I'm not just saying I won't forget the material because our coaches are thinking about having a mock match to show what quizzing is for the Spring City congregation. The team has already made a pact not to study for this match.

For those of you who couldn't go to the tournaments and news hasn't gotten around, you guys are clueless to what happened. That's for both the ACC Tournament and the Ohio tournament. Yeah, I owe you guys 2 stories on what happened. I will post them eventually, and as 2 separate posts because they are 2 separate stories. So just stay tuned and you'll hear about them!

LAST Quizzing Question of the post:
Where did Peter stay for some time with a tanner named Simon?

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...