Monday, March 07, 2005

End regular season 2005

With anticipating my last two matches of the regular season, I got to Spring City at 12:30. We were without Michael and Josh. We had 3 Week 8 practice matches, then 2 review practice matches. I did better with the review than the weekly. I would find out that would be good. An hour later, we had dinner. Believe or not, I ate. Not only did I ate I had a double portion. It was warmed-up frozen lasanga and salad. Then we got in the van in left. That was the emptiest I saw the van ever. We asked questions around. I did good and helped Christine. Michael called in the middle to find out how we were doing. We got to LMH with time to spare.

First match was against #15 E-Town 3. I was the one and only quizzer on Spring City to quiz out. They were all on buzzes: one Situation, two review. We got a bunch of errors, so much we began to lose points. We lost to them 90-50. I didn't notice, I was happy I quizzed out. I can't believe that even though I got something wrong, the quiz master didn't mark me wrong. He gave me the whole time.

Our last match was against River Corner 3. They were in fifth place. Last time we played a fifth place team (Blainsport), we lost big time. This time was better. I once again quizzed out. Aubrey also quizzed out. Then came question 14. The quiz master asked, "How many stone..." and Christine buzzed in! She answered "twelve" and she was correct! We got team bonus, thanks to Christine! We don't need no Michael! We have Christine. In the end, we won 120 to 45.

Then came the intermission between the two matches. And as custom, they had the quizzers, quiz coach & staff 3-way match. I didn't know anybody, only quizmaster Jaime Detweiler. I predicted the quizzers would win. I was right. The quizzers won with 75 points. Second place was the coaches with 45 points. The staff finished with 30 points. Then came to announcement to who would play the semifinals.

In League B, Maple Grove 1 finished 1st and Petra 2 finished 2nd. As for League A, in 1st place was Goods 2. In the last match of River Corner 2 and the two last matches of Rockville 1, Rockville got ahead and River Corner 2 fell behind. Rockville 1 would finish 2nd in League A. So for the semifinals, it would be Maple Grove 1 vs. Rockville 1 and Goods 2 vs. Petra 2. I watched Goods 2 vs. Petra 2. Goods 2 got team bonus, but got a lot of errors. That hurt them. Petra 2 got two quiz outs. They won. I also found out that Maple Grove 1 beat Rockville 1. The final match would be Maple Grove 1 vs. Petra 2. Maple Grove 1 won against Petra 2, 90 to 50. Maple Grove 1 is the first team (at least since 1992) to win consequtive championships. Congratulations to Maple Grove 1!!!!

Reflections: I am so happy I got two quiz outs. With those two quiz outs, I scored over 500 points all year! Yay! I also finished with more points than Josh and Jake Moss. I didn't get enough points to beat Tim Moss, but I did tie Tim's number of quiz outs. So I am satisfied. My average went to 26.8, rounded off to 27. I hope that's enough to get in the Top 50 Quizzers List. I look on to the ACC tournament now.

Quizzing Question of the post:
Where did the Lord choose to put His Name?

Countdown to Invitational:
11 days, 5 hours, 31 minutes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...