Thursday, March 24, 2005

Final Reflections on Quizzing 2005

In general, quizzing went great this year. I think this is my best year so far. No, seriously it is. Now I don't say that every year, like I say, "This year is my year" every year. But this year was a great year.

I completed my goal for the year....well, based on the two thirds rule. 5 things I wanted to complete: score 380 points or more, get 8 or more quiz outs, be a perfect quizzer for 3 weeks, be on the Top Fifty Quizzers List for 6 weeks and have a final finish in 77th or higher. I scored 510 points, 130 points higher than my goal. I got 12 quiz outs, 4 more quiz outs than planned. I was on the Top 50 Quizzeres List for every week but one of the seven weeks. That means 6 weeks on the Top 50 Quizzers List. Finally, I finished 34th, much higher than 77th. The only thing I didn't complete was being a perfect quizzer for 3 weeks. Heck, I wasn't perfect for even one week. I achieved 4/5. Therefore, I completed my goal, making this year a successful quizzing year.

Like I said, I scored 510 points in 19 matches, giving an average of 26.8. I'll break that down to a match-by-match stat. I had 12 quiz out matches, giving me 420 points. In 3 matches, I scored 20 points each match, giving me another 60 points. In another 3 matches, I scored 10 points each match giving 30 points. Only one match I scored zero points. 420+60+90=510 points. Here's another impressive stat. Of the 9 bonuses I got, I only missed 2. The most important thing that happened this year was finishing 34th on the Top 50 Quizzers List. This was my first year doing so. I gladly accepted my award. That was much wanted.

I was never expecting to win the ACC tournament. That was amazing. I went in their thinking, "Let's do our thing and do our best in our five matches." We never should have won. By luck we won most of our matches. Neffsville 1 should have never won against Reading One. We kept getting all the easy teams in the playoffs. Like Coach Dave said, we only won because we had God's favor. The whole tournament was a miracle. The biggest miracle- Michael studied up for this in Florida!

The Invitational wasn't as amazing as the ACC tournament, but was pretty good. We didn't make it to the final match, but we did get pretty far. It is the farthest I ever got in the invitational. Plus, the invitational was one of the few quiz meets I had fun when not quizzing. It was funny watching Michael's failures of picking up a girl. :-)

This year, the Lord appeared to me many times. I felt the Lord strongest when I remembered I was quizzing for Him. He gave me all I needed to complete my goal. He showed me many times I was his chosen quizzer, along with my team. He knew I wanted that win and quiz out against Josh Moss and Zion, and he gave it to me. The second, as I said, was winning the ACC tournament. The third was at Week 6. I was playing a River Corner. I had 2 errors, all on Situation (my favorite question). I slowed down and didn't want to buzz in. It came down to 3 review questions and I review is my least favorite question. My team needed team bonus, so they were putting on the pressure. I still didn't want to buzz in. But the Lord conforted me. He told me it was safe to buzz in. So I buzzed in. I quizzed out on the last 3 questions, all on buzzes. My heart rushed. It was the best feeling I ever had. Jesus quizzed with me every match.

We were able to come together and work as a team. We also got along as a team. I haven't seen that in a long time. We encouraged each other to do our best and get team bonus. There were some times where we would battle for individual score. This was a great team. I will never forget the Spring City boyz. Brandon and Aubrey will be missed dearly next year. I had great coaches this year too. Dave and Vicki really knew how to encourage the team. Christine will also be dearly missed next year. It was fun walking and talking with her. I'll admit, sometimes it was stressful. But other times, it was good to know we were there for each other. With every time I have quizzed with Christine, I think this was her best year with 40 points, once saving us in the ACC tournament and twice getting team bonus.

Kings and Judges 2005 was eventful and exciting. Now we can only look on to 2006....

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...