Sunday, December 26, 2004

Merry Quizmas, I mean Christmas!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I had a normal Christmas weekend.

People ask me, "Do you like Christmas?" and I always reply, "I like Christmas, I hate Santamas." Santamas is the name I give to the commericial Christmas. I hate it. Christmas is a holiday to remember the carnation of God the Son, the One who loved all. The same One who told us to love everyone and demonstrated His love for us by dying. But commerialism has turned it into a time to feel unloved and left out. For example, it is custom at my school to buy a candy cane from student council to give to someone. I got one, a pity candy cane from student government. The girl who sits next to me in class got 13 from friends. On top of that, you see everyone exchanging gifts. I got no gifts, nor exchanged with anyone. I really really hate being depressed Christmas Eve Eve.

On a happier note, Christmas Eve and Christmas was better. My mom's family came for their semi-annual 20-hour visit. I got less presents than my sister, but mine were of greater cost. The one like the most were 3 special ones. The first one is the NIV Dramatized Bible on CD. I hoping this will help me greatly during quizzing season. Another one was a pack of highlighters. I needed new highlighters for highlighting my quiz book. Speaking of which, I changed the highlighting format for better studying. I hope it works. The third one has nothing to do with quizzing. It is a calender with bible humor. I like bible humor.

Now it's time for mixing Christmas with quizzing. Rudolph is the luckiest reindeer ever! He has a built-in buzzer light in his nose! I heard many carols during Christmas season. There were two I wanted to hear, but didn't. They are "All I want for Christmas is 2 Quiz Outs" and "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year Quizzing Version." Click here to find out what I mean.

I want to say I won't say "Happy New Year" until the first quiz match, the start of the quizzing new year, the REAL start of the New Year.

Oh yeah, I recounted my countdown. It was a bit off. Sorry. I'll fix it.

Unofficial Countdown to the first quiz match of 2005 (fixed):
20 days, 2 hours, 8 minutes

Quizzing question of the post:
Why did all of Israel hold King Solomon in awe?

1 comment:

Angela said...

I smell hypocrisy...If you hate the commercialized Christmas, why do you even CARE the difference of number in the gifts you received than the ones you sister got?

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...