Thursday, January 06, 2005

First Quiz Practice of 2005

Yesterday, was my first quiz practice of 2005 and first quiz practice with Spring City.

Before the quiz practice, I was in panic. I got this feeling like I didn't possibly remember anything. So I entered meltdown mode. I started rattling of all I meorized: 1 Kings 3, Situation Key Words with their answers, Number questions with their answers, the three sons of Mahol and Solomon's nine daily provisions. I read the material over and over, as well as listened to it. I got so nervous I was pacing and couldn't eat. So I gulped down a glass of Mountain Dew Code Red and went off.

When I got there, I filled out a Secret Sponser Form and met all the quizzers on Spring City. I knew Mike from previous years. All seemed nice and friendly. Christine, who was at Ark with me, was also there. I met new quizzer Josh. Julie wasn't there. Mrs. Dietrich explained how Spring City quizzes, then we commenced with quizzing.

We started with reading the book. I didn't read my section in 1 Kings 3, I quoted it out of memory. It amazed everybody. Mrs. Dietrich said it was the first time in Spring City quizzing that someone did that. Then we started working with buzzers in practice quiz matches. We had 3 practice matches and I quizzed out all three. Every quiz out, I was the first one to quiz out. In the 3 matches, I had a total of only 3 errors. The team is developing, and it seems they are only going to get better. I also feel more confident in myself.

It was so exciting to quiz again! I can't wait until the next practice. Now I really really can't wait for the first quiz match.

Official Countdown to the first quiz match of 2005:
9 days, 20 hours, 35 minutes

Quizzing Question of the Post:
Who ate, drank, and were happy?

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...