Friday, January 28, 2005

My quizzing study skills (in proper order)

  1. Go through the section in your quiz book, marking the Situation questions with brackets as you read along
  2. Type up Situation questions to their key in one column, and put the answer in another column. Fold the paper so the one column in on the back of the other. This is a good study gude.
  3. Go through the section in your quizbook, highlighting numbers in orange as you read along
  4. Make a two column document like #2. Put clues on the left column and the number/quanity of the clue on the right column. Fold back like in #2. Another study guide
  5. Read through the week's material, highlighting in ONLY ONE color.
  6. Repeat step 5 for every separate color, each at his on time. It forces you to read the material more often.
  7. Memorize situations and number and, if you chose, some text.
  8. Listen to text on casette/CD/mp3 and follow along in your quizbook. If you don't have listening material, then just read it aloud.
  9. Review situations and numbers
  10. Practice buzzing. It can be something as simple using a clicky pen. I found video games are helpful. My favorite seeing how many buzzes I can get in a minute. This year, it's 300 buzzes a minute.

Steps 1-7 should be completed before the weekly quiz practice. You should do steps 7-10 during ANY spare time. These are just suggestions. I follow them well and am I Top 50 Quizzer (at this point). It your choice. You can follow this or your own.

Quizzing Question of the post:

When did Solomon receive the 666 talents of gold?

Quizzing Joke:

Solomon made a very neat throne. He liked all the luxary on the throne, but he wasn't sure if it was comfortable, though. So to test the feel, he got man in charge of the labor force of Joseph, who is Jeroboam, to do it. Solomon brough Jeroboam inside his palace and told him, "Sit on my throne." Jeroboam answered, "No, I can't." Solomon said, "Ah, you must be afraid of sitting on the place of such high position. Don't worry, it's okay. Sit down on the throne." Jeroboam once again said, "No, I can't." Now Solomon was beginning to lose his temper. He yelled, "AS YOUR KING, I ORDER YOU TO SIT ON MY THRONE!" Jeroboam still replied, "No, my lord, I can't." "Why not?" Solomon asked him. Jeroboam answered, "I am man of standing!" (If you don't get it see 1 Kings 11:28

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...