Sunday, January 02, 2005

A quizbook and a (somewhat) schedule

On December 31, I went to my new quiz coach's house and got my quizbook. For the second half of 2004 (July-December), I think that was the biggest highlight. I was so happy! I can finally start more of a detailed study. I already marked off situation questions. I still need actually start highlighting, though. The cover color is orange and white. This year it has a table of contents, so it's easier to find what page the material is on.

It was also nice to meet my coaches. We talked about quizzing a bit. I liked the fact that we met before quiz practice on Wednesday. I found at some information, too.

When I got home, I went on the official ACC quizzing website. Lo and behold, a particial schedule was up. It told dates, times, material, and possible places quizzing. I was right. The first quiz match will be January 16. It is now official. For a fact, we know the first, last and middle match would be at LMH. We also know for a fact that the ACC tournament will be LBC. We know the Invitational is in Ohio, but we don't know where. Supposedly, the place that decided to host it in West Liberty dropped out. Now we don't know if we will have it in West Liberty in March or if it's in Northwest Ohio or Wayne County. All we know is we are going to Ohio. This deliema also adjusted the schedule a bit. Now, the tournament will be during Palm Sunday weekend. It is a bit upsetting since I would always get the Friday and Monday off from school. Now since I will already have the Monday off, I will only get the Friday. I also thought the material could have been planned differently.

OFFICIAL Countdown to the first quiz match of 2005:
14 days, 2 hours, 15 minutes

Quizzing question of the post:
Whose city is Zion?

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...