Monday, January 31, 2005

Double-header

Woah, that was a tough day yesterday. I pray that it will never happen again. There was mass chaos and confusion. But at the same time, there was fun and laughter.

I started with having church with Spring City. At Sunday School, the team had quiz practice. Going into it, I felt confident about Week 3, but not as much as Week 2. Luckily, I quizzed out twice (I have quizzed out every practice). It was a bit reasurring. Then was church service. We were afraid that we might have had to leave, but it got over just in time. We grabbed our secret sponser gifts and left

It took us and an hour to get up there. We were one Aubrey short of a Spring City quiz team. We managed. On the way up, we ate lunch and secret sponser gifts. From my secret sponser, I got 2 Recess Cups, Recess mini-pieces, and Peabut Butter Chocolate hearts. A non-edible item I got was a ruler with a calculator. I do stats on it. Mike has a cool secret sponser! He got a 12-pak of Mountain Dew. He was gracious and gave us all one. I had a lunch of my secret sponser gifts and a Mountain Dew Pitch Black. For the second half of the ride, we had rounds of questions. I did fairly well.

We arrived at Paradise 1 hour early. I have quizzed at Paradise before, but not since they remodeled. I had a look around. For the remaining time, we had more rounds of questions. Once again, I did good. With that and my sugar/caffine high, I was ready!

First was announcements, offering and joke. Then we started quizzing. Our first match was against good shepherd 2. It was a great match. I quizzed out! By the end, we won! It was a good start. Our next match was against Paradise 5. I got to sit against from [censored, due to Michael Schwager's curiosity] , perfect quizzer from last year, perfect quizzer from week 1, and downright hot chick! :-). It was an honor. She quizzed out, but I didn't. However, I managed to get away with 20 points. As a team, we won! At the end of Week 2, I maintained my aveage. I also watched the progreses of former quizmates from Ark. Josh Moss got 2 quiz outs and scored 10 points in middle match. Tim Moss quizzed out. Others were not as fortuneate. I watched Reading 2 vs. Hope Community 2. Jake Moss scored 10 points in one match. Becky Moss was second sub. Krystal had the worse case. 2 error outs, with a total of 30 points. Yikes!

We had about 2 hours between matches, so we had dinner, read the material, and had rounds of questions. My dinner consisted of one of Mike's Mountain Dew and 3 pixie stix (pixie stix - for those who can't afford heroine, lol, I love that saying!) I could have done better in pracitice (coughforeshadowingcough), but still having my sugar/caffine high, I thought nothing of it.

That was the beginning of my downfall. We had the first two matches. The first match was against Conestoga 2. I got 2 errors. Naturally, I slowed down because I didn't want to error out. Therefore, I scored zero points. I errored on technicalities. For example, I said "horse" instead of "horses". Ugh, I hate that. On top of that, our team lost. That greatly hurt me. Everybody was telling me, "Walk it off" but my spirit was broken. Entering second match, I wasn't sure if I could do it. Then I remembered my score. I needed a quiz out to keep my score alive. I was reinspired. I got my quiz out. My team tied, due to a technicality of too many errors.

Reflections: I am happy about my Week 2 scored, but my week 3 score definiately needed improvement. Maybe it was overconfidence or too much dependancy on caffeine. Maybe it was me getting down on the guilty's head what he deserves. I'll admit it, I was kinda hoping certain people ahead of me would do bad so I would do well and advance pass them. Next time, I will just concentrate on doing my best. I will be nicer to people. I will also eat healthier.

Quizzing Question of the post:
How many times did Elijah say, "Go back."?

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...