Saturday, January 15, 2005

Quizzing New Year's Eve

Remeber how I said that the New Year doesn't begin for me until the first quiz match? Well, that would be tomorrow. IT'S FINALLY HERE!! This is Quizzing New Year's Eve. I think to our first quiz matches, everyone should wear funky hats, 2005 glasses, and a ball should drop at 6:30 PM, symbolizing the New Quizzing Year and the start of the first match.

It's time for some last minute cramming. Read the material one last time. Wrap up question writing and memorizing. Make yourself recognizable with rules and the material, just in case you need to contest. Try to lower your heart beat back down to resting stage. CALM DOWN!

For you procrastinating slackers, it's time to open your book and read it. For those who are in fear, believing they don't know enough, you may now PANIC and go into meltdown mode. For the confident, humble yourself. For first year quizzers, be prepared to be amazed and have A LOT of fun. For last year quizzers, carpe diem (Latin, English seize the moment). This is last opener for you. For quizzing staff, attempt to learn some material. For the tired, go to bed.

On most New Year's eve, people reflect back on the previous year. I will reflect on the off season (between April and December). I think my off-season practice improved somewhat. The most questions I wrote was last off season, with questions for 86 verses. This year, I wrote enough questions for 170 verses! Amazing! This year I only memorized one chapter, while last year I memorized 4.5 chapters. Maybe if I allowed more time, I could have. Also, my buzzer speed use to be 310 buzzes per minute. This year, only 300 buzzes per minute. I slowed down a bit. Excluding the last two, I was amazed at how many questions I wrote. I did well. My feelings change a bit towards quizzing through Exodus 2004. I became indignant towards some, but at the same time realized others felt the same as I. I realized that you shouldn't be part of a love triangle. I learned Moses and Aaron had different staffs. I learned that everyone isn't as passionaite about quizzing as myself. I finally understood I couldn't convert a friend to quizzer-ism. Doing so well last year, I inspiried myself to improve for next year. Quizzing got hectic last year, but I enjoyed it.

It is custom for people to make New Year's Resolutions for the New Year. So here is my Quizzing New Year's Resolution: do better than last year. How do I define that. Last year, I finished 78th with being a perfect quizzer two weeks, a top 50 quizzer for 5 weeks and had 370 points with 7 quiz outs. So to better this year, I need to achieve finishing at least 77th with at least 380 points, 8 quiz outs, 3 weeks a perfect quizzer and 6 weeks a Top 50 quizzer. I will achieve if I get at least 4/5 (two-thirds rule). I will try my hardes to achieve.

This post, I added a quizzing joke. Don't expect one every post. Only one per week. See if it's better than Merv's! This is also the last time you may see a countdown. I might do a countdown to Ohio trip.

Official Countdown to first quiz match of 2005:
19 HOURS, 15 MINUTES

Quizzing Question of the post:
Whose daughter did Solomon marry?

Quizzing Joke:
Q: In what month were the Israelites allowed to lie?
A: The eighth month, the month of Bul (lol)

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...