Saturday, January 22, 2005

I strongly dislike snow

Most people like snow. Students get out of school. Some people even get out of work. Kids build snowmen, make snow angels, have snowball fights, construct igloos, etc. Some people even go to their favorite ski resorts to ski, snowboard or snowtubing.

The story is different from me. I hate snow. Snow lands on roads. It makes driving conditions bad. If driving conditions are bad, quizzing is cancelled. That means double material 18 questions quiz matches. BOOOOO!!!! I really like quizzing and don't want one less quiz meet. This was also the meet where I might have had more spectators I knew, from close to home. That was true for a lot of quizzers on my team. Snow, ACK! Hate it. It belongs in places like Canada and Alaska, not in Pennsylvania. Just in case quizzing does happen (Which I strongly hope),I have already shoveled out my dad's F-150, which has 4 wheel drive.

Quizzing Question of the post:
What are the heavens, and there is no rain?

Quizzing Joke:
King Solomon liked building towns, so he got his forced labor to do it. They built Lower Beth Horon and Baalath. Adoniram, who was in change of the forced labor, brought Solomon down so he could see the results and approve. Adoniram asked in ambition, "Do you like these two towns?" The king shook his head no. "What do I need?" Adoniram asked puzzled. Solomon answered, "A tad more." (A tad more - Tadmor, GET IT?!)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Graham...I can't believe you just said that...I...I feel like I don't even know you right now.

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...