Saturday, February 26, 2005

Down to the 5 last matches

Well, we are at the second to last week and the last 5 matches. After 14 matches, I have 360 points and 8 quiz outs. I beat my quiz out record. Now I all I need is 2o points to beat my record and reach my goal. I am 41th quizzer, still in the Top 50.

I've been studying all week. Practice on Wednesday was OK. I quizzed out all four matches, with two error outs. I missed all Situation questions. But when I went home and reviewed them, I got them all correct! It must have been jumping the buzzer too soon. Nonetheless, I studied the remainder of the week. I feel like I got all my situations and numbers down. I still don't feel confortable with it though, despite reading it 8 times, twice today. I need more practice with buzzers. I need practice with other quizzers trying to get in before me. That'll happen tomorrow.

Tomorrow we quiz at Goods. I got three matches tomorrow. First one is the the first match of the day. It's against Hope Community 1, the third place team. It won't be easy, but I think we can take them. If a #8 team can only lose by 25 to a #1 team, twice almost beating them, then a #7 team has a fighting chance against a #3 team. Our next match is in the fourth round. We play #16 Goods 1. We got a triple digits score against the #16 team last week. Our last match is the last match of the day. It's against Hope Community 3, the second to last team in League B. I hope we can take them.

There are countless ways I can still remain a top 50 quizzer. It's still to soon to tell. Once Monday comes, it will be more conclusive. All that matters is I remain a top 50 quizzer for the rest of the year. But now I am focusing on more important things. Krystal is 110 points ahead of me. Just like I have beaten Josh Moss, I must beat Krystal!! If I quiz out 3 times, and get 10 points one of two other matches, and Krystal scores zero points in her last 3 matches, I have won. If I quiz out all five remaining matches, I won, even if Krystal quizzes out one more time. I will try to aim for 5 quiz outs.

Quizzing Question of the post:
What was the riddle Samson told Samson's thirty companions?

Quizzing Joke:
Q: What did Samson say when he saw the honey in the lion's carcass?
A: Sweeeeeet!!!!!!

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...