Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Super Quizzing Sunday

Sunday started as usual. I went to Spring City Sunday School because we had practice. Then, I stayed for service (the speaker was really good). After service, we headed off to Conestoga. On the ride up, I had a lunch of Amp Energy Drink, a product of Mountain Dew. It has this funky citrus flavor.

We arrived at Conestoga an hour early. So we sat in a little preschool (with cute, little seats) and went through rounds of questions. I did pretty good, even though I couldn't feel my legs under the preschool-level table. After the practice, I went to the worship. I met up with my parents and 2 families from my church (not Spring City), who came to cheer my on. Afterword, one of them realized how I can answer questions in his Sunday school before he completed the question. :-) I always think the more fans, the better. A loud cheer is always better than a short applause. Then we heard announcements. THE INVITATIONAL IS IN PENNSYLVANIA! ACKPTH! Yes, I hate the bad news. This will be my fourth invitation, and now I'll have 2 in PA and 2 in OH. Despite the bad news, I went to my first quiz match.

We had the first quizmatch, literally. It was against Hopewell 3. I was siked (sp?) and ready for the quizmatch. I started. Halfway through, we were losing. Coach Dave made some substitutes to help get team bonus. Team bonus seemed to be the only thing to help win. However, it was not needed. Brandon and I made a comeback. We both quizzed out. My quiz out came at the last minute in question 15. We just won. The final score was 90-80.

Second match was halfway through the rounds. It was against Blainsport. Blainsport is 5th place in our league. It was very intimadating. We tried to forget it, but it was apparently hurt us. They seemed to be buzzing in 1-2 words before we could! So we decided to buzz at their speed. But it didn't work. It seemed like we buzzed at the same speed. But everytime they got in, they got in at a key word. Everytime we buzzed in, it was like, "How many..." or "Who cannot..." Nothing was key! It caused Aubrey to error out. Brandon just managed to quiz out. I only got 10 points. I could have gotten 20, but I got a mean question and I only got 3 of 5. Isn't "What did Pharaoh do to Gezer?" a mean question??!! We lost 100-45. It's not like we didn't know it, we were just slow and got mean questions.

Our third match was the second to last round. It was against Hopewell 1. We tried to walk off the loss, but with no success. Brandon errorred out, with zero points. I quizzed out, though. Nonetheless, we still lost.

When I checked out my stats, I was satisfied. The team is in thirteenth. I am tied with many for 44th. I'm back on the Top 50 Quizzers List! Brandon didn't drop too much. He went from 1st to 13th. I'm happy our team and Brandon didn't drop too much. I'm very happy that I moved up.

Reflections: I think we did okay. Even though we lost twice, we made a good comeback our first match for a win. I am satisfied with my 2 quiz outs and 10 points against Blainsport. I am also glad because I am the only one on my team to score all three matches. Wow. I LOVE MY SECRET SPONSER. I got Nutty Buddies, Lays Stax and a hat. Awesome!

Quizzing Question of the post:
Who was with the reapers?

Quizzing Joke:
Q: Who were the first people to discover that marijuana was fatal?
A: The company of the prophets, because they said "There is death in the pot!" (For those who don't know, a slang term for marijuana is pot)

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...