Sunday, February 20, 2005

Week 6: Quiz meet at Hopewell Elverson

With the fear of the dreaded snow in our mists, quizzing was moved back 2 PM. So I had to be at Spring City for practice at 9 AM. We read the material and had two practice rounds. Aubrey got six errors, 5 in one match, 3 of them situation questions. Then we had worship service. At the end of service, we had a fellowship meal. I had a bowl of salad with a Full-Throtale Energy Drink (a product of Coca-Cola). It tasted like Mountain Dew, the best tasting energy drink so far. Most of us were cramming like mad. We had one more practice round then got in the van to drive out to the matches. Along the way, we went through questions.

We got their and went to worship. Then announcements. They changed some rooms around, so now we didn't have to play in the cursed room. Thank the Lord! We got a cheesy joke from Merv via Fred, then we went off to quiz.

Since Good Shepherd was having car problems, there was no match starting in the room we were quizzing in. After some free time in the room, we started our first match. It was against #4 Paradise 3. I got an error early in the match. Then later I scored 20 points, one on a buzz, one on a bonus. We won the match. The score was something like 70-55 to 80-55.

Second match I played was against Rivercorner 1, in 16th place. I watched their previous match. In that previous match, they started out well, but lost in the end. We played in the Jr. Youth Room, and played behind a bar and bar stools. It was very uncomfortable. I started out with two errors, both on situation questions. I was so embarrassed and ashamed. I slowed down. But my team wanted me to get for team bonus. I didn't want to. But after that I officially knew the Lord is God, and there is no other. I quizzed out on the last three questions, all review, all buzzes, with 2 errors. That was definiately not me, but the Holy Spirit. I didn't want to, but the Lord told me it was OK. He gave me all the answers. I will never stop praising the Lord's name all week. We won, scoring points in the triple digits.

We had the last match. It was against Maple Grove 1. Brandon quizzed out. I got ten points through buzzing in. We would of gotten team bonus, but Michael's answer was contested and granted. Ugh! That was so evil. Michael said, "Ang-Horses and chariots of fire". They contested Michael by saying he said Angel first, and they must except the first angel. We rebuddaled, saying Michael changed his answer in enough time. And the granted the contest! GRRR!!! We could have team bonus and won. But, noooo!!!! (I had to get that out). Then we had a chance to tied it up. It was 75 to 65 at the end of question 14. Aubrey buzzed in, but didn't get it. He gave the bonus to someone who quizzed out. Final scored Maple Grove: 90, Spring City: 65.

Last week, it "made my week" by beating Zion and Josh Moss. This week "made my week" by talking to Fred. He knew me by name, he was interested in how well I quizzed, and wanted to know where I was quizzing. the most impressive is when he said he uses my questions! Fred Hertlzer, the master quizmaster, used my questions for practice! I am honored!

Reflections: I am on spiritual high. I am so happy that the Lord gave me that quiz out. I will forever sing his praise. Now I realize all I do in quizzing his through Him. Thank you, Jesus. Like I said, for the rest of week, I will be happy because Fred knows me. My quizzing was OK. I beat my quiz out record! Yay! I was 5 points short of tying me record, 10 points short of breaking it. I will do so next week. I have an average of 26 points per match. That should be enough to help me stay on the Top 50 Quizzers List. It was impressive that the No. 8 team beat No. 4 Paradise 3. Even though we lost against Maple Grove 1, we only lost by 25 points. We lossed by more against Blainsport 55 points. That's pretty good for Spring City. I remain hopeful for our team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw your quizzout on the last three questions in RC 1's match. Very impressive! Keep up the good work.

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...