Monday, February 14, 2005

LMH round 2

I arrived at Spring City around 12:20. We started by having lunch. My consisted of a slice of cheese pizza and Monster energy drink. The energy drink tasted like cough syrup, but it did the trick. By 5:30 PM, I felt so energized I had to run laps around LMH to get it out of me! Josh wasn't able to come. Practice started a little because Mike was like in the bathroom for 20 minutes! (Okay, so maybe that was an exaggeration, but he was in there for a long time!) Practice matches were OK. My first one I only got ten points, then errored out on question 15. But after that was able to quiz out the last two matches. Between practice and dinner some of them threw around a football. I practiced buzzing. (buzzing seemed like my weakness in practice). We had a dinner of tacos and fruit. Then we left.

We arrived at LMH around 5:30 so our coaches would make it in time for the coach and staff meeting. Like I said, that Monster drink was really in my system, so I did laps around the school to get rid of the extra energy. I crammed in last some last minute studying. At the same, I felt overstudied and understudied. But I had the feeling I would quiz out twice. Before the match, I met up with Josh Moss, who quizzed with me for Ark all 3 years and is a quizzer from Zion. I went to him and said, "Let's make this match a little more interesting. I'll sit across for you. You get my bonuses, and I get yours." Josh said, "If you want to, sit in seat 3." Then came the usual. We had worship service, announcements and Merv's Joke. Then off to the matches.

We had the first match. It was against Zion. It was along awaited match. All the studying was for this match alone. I could screw up the rest of the season, but winning this, or quizzing out before Josh Moss would make nothing else matter. Zion came in loud and crazy. There was saying/singing something about a llama. The more I wanted to win now. I did as Josh said and sat on seat 3. Sure enough, he sat on seat 3 as well. The match started, and man, did we take off. Brandon, Michael, and I quizzed out. We also got a team bonus. On Zion's side, things weren't as bright. Kairsie errored out without any points. Josh got 10 points, but got two errors and was pulled. I did get ten points off one of those bonuses. In the end, Spring City beat Zion 135-20. I was soooooo happy! That made my day, maybe even my week! I think that also may have made several other's day.

We had the second match as well. It was against Reading 1. Brandon quizzed out. I quizzed out. Aubrey could have quizzed out, but his answer was contested, and the constest was granted. Not only would he have quizzed out, but we would have gotten team bonus as well because Aubrey's previous two were bonuses. We could have had two matches with 135 points, but nooooo!!!!! I got over it. We won with 100 points.

Third round I watched Rockville 2 vs. Maple Grove 1. I promised Julie, who I met online (due to a bad answer, typical of me) I watched her match. It was also good scouting because our last match next week is against Maple Grove 1. I remind you that Maple Grove 1 is first and Rockville 2 was seventeenth. It was a good match. They tied at 75 points. Rockville 2 also prevented Maple Grove 1 from getting team bonus, what they are so famous for getting. I was inspiried. If Rockville 2 can tied Maple Grove 1, so can we!I watched Maple Grove 1 play Petra 4.I knew Petra 4 could get team bonus as well as Maple Grove 1, despite the age difference. In the beginning,it looked like Petra 4 would stop the team bonus from Maple Grove 1 again, but Maple Grove came back, got team bonus and won.

The next match I watched was Conestoga 1 vs. Reading 2. Quizmaster Jaime Detweiler was a little late to the match.We started the match late. After the first two questions, Reading was winning 20-0. Then everything went downhill from there. Reading 2 is a team of 5 quizzers. Every quizzer got 2 errors, no one errored out. Reading 2 got a total of 10 errors! The final score was in Conestoga 1's favor 110 to -10. Ouch! If quizzing kept record, I think Reading 2 may have set a new record for most errors and lowest score.

Reflections: I can not be happier with my performance! Two quiz outs. I beat Josh quizzing out because he didn't quiz out.My team did beat Zion, even though it didn't seem to shut them up. I accomplished what I wanted. I feel like this is a come back. I feel I will do just as well next Sunday at Hopewell Elverson. I did some quick figures. I now have an average 28.18. I should be around 20th-35th quizzer. My team scored 235 points this meet. Our new average is 80. This should be enough to get us back into the top ten. We'll have to wait.

Quizzing Question of the post:

Situation question. Who said this and to whom? "Go."

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...