Thursday, February 17, 2005

Halfway through the quizzing season

Well, the second matches at LMH officially mark halfway through the quizzing season, not counting the tournaments. BOO HOO!!! It's going to fast! After about 3-5 weeks, it'll all be over! No more buzzing, no more large gatherings of quizzing, no more wild cheering, or no more crazy practices. It'll be back to boring off-season practice. It can't go! It's too soon! Slow down, quizzing, slow down!

Now, that we are halfway through, let's look at where I am. Spring City is in eighth, the highest all year. I have re-entered the Top 50 quizzers list once again! Yes! I am 34th, the highest all year. I have scored 295 points, only 80 points away from beating my record. I have tied my record for most quiz outs. I have this feeling that I must stay in the Top 50 quizzers list and not fall out, for if I fall out, I fear I may never enter again. This doesn't mean I have to quiz out every match, but I must do my best. Let's look at how well I kept my resolution for the New Quizzing Year. Okay, forget being perfect for three weeks, I blew that week one. I am one quiz out short of 8 quiz outs and 85 points short of 380 points (goal points and quiz outs for the year). I have been on the Top 5o Quizzer List for 3 weeks. If I want to keep with my goal, I need to stay in there for....the rest of the year. Oh well, it is a bit hopeful.

Now let's take a look ahead at next week. We will be at Hopewell Elverson. I'm scared. We play Maple Grove 1 (1st place), Paradise 3 (4th place), Rivercorner 1 (16th place). These won't be easy matches. The match against Rivercorner 1 is in the Jr. Youth Room. It is small, tight, warm and has a curse on it. Gasp! A curse! Why, you may ask. Everytime I quiz in that room, my team always loses. I have also seen the 3 Moss Bros. error out in that room. Yikes! But I have to do my best next week because it is possible for me to break 2 of my records. If in 2 of the 3 matches I quiz out, and in the third one I score at least ten points, I will have broke my record for most points and most quiz outs in a season. I only need one quiz out to break the quiz out record, but need 80 points to break the point record. Wish me luck!

Quizzing Question of the post:
What did Elisha's servant see the hills were full of?

Quizzing Joke:
Q: Why did it get quiet when the King of Israel sent the enemy away and they returned to their master?
A: Because after that the bands of Aram stopped raiding Israel (you know, like marching bands)

No comments:

An Evaluation of Children's Church Songs

I have an atypical daughter. Despite all the baby books stating that infants sleep 10-12 hours during the night, along with 2 hour-long naps...